Our commitment to you
Successful applicants can expect the following:
- An induction and some department focused training that will provide you with some background and familiarity on the tasks that you will be performing in the upcoming weeks;
- A commitment from us to ensure that you are exposed to and will carry out certain tasks within a specific period of time during your internship;
- Two dedicated members of staff who will be directly responsible for you throughout your internship;
- Working alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals who will support you throughout;
- Performing real work on real clients in a live environment;
- Having access to PwC software that will allow you to carry out your daily responsibilities;
- The opportunity to participate in our challenging summer intern project (See Summer intern case study for more details); and
- Attendance at a closing meeting where you will be given constructive feedback and provided with the opportunity to provide constructive feedback to our firm.
Our internship also provides you with the opportunity to learn a bit more about yourself, which will help dictate your future career plans and goals.
Summer intern case study
The 2014 summer internship saw the introduction of our summer intern case study, which allowed students the opportunity to analyse an entity’s financial statements, as well as their attitude and culture in order to determine whether they would invest in such an entity.
Each student completed their final report and presented their findings to a panel. The Panel then agreed on prizes for Best Report and Best Presentation. We were extremely impressed with all of the efforts and contributions from our students and are proud that we were their firm of choice.
What are we looking for?
Any student who:
- Has a keen interest in accountancy, business or tax, with a genuine desire to secure a role in an accountancy firm, post studies;
- Has the right attitude to work in line with our Code of Conduct and as part of a team; and
- Takes pride in their work and is able to use their initiative.
It doesn't matter what degree you are studying for. All you need is a good academic record.
Life after studying
During your internship you will find out if this is the career for you. If it is – and you perform well – you could go back to university with the knowledge that you have gained invaluable work experience and have impressed the recruiting managers here at PwC Gibraltar ready for your graduate application. We currently have a very high success rate of students joining us as graduate trainee accountants after university.
Given the popularity of our internship and the limited number of places available, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further information or to submit your interest, please contact our HR Officer via the link at the bottom left hand side of the page.